BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Wednesday, September 03, 2008

niceMEMORY

I am looking at this picture. A few moments ago, while I was going through all my pictures on my computer, I stumbled over this one. It shows a scene from 8 ½ years ago. Back then, I was a freshly converted Christian (3 months old) and this was my first international student conference. That day I met Steven. He is from Africa. I don’t remember from which country. It has been a while . I was a bit late to get to my workshop about parents and family issues. I bumped into him at the stairs. We started chatting and went into a good conversation and some deep talk about family and generations. After two hours, I realized that Steven was my workshop for that day. In the evening, we had a session with everyone in the big hall and I sat with Steven not knowing what would happen. That night was a night with MISSIONS as the big topic. It did not really interest that much. However, I listened to the sermon. At the end the guy who presented that whole evening asked if we knew where God wanted to send us or if we had asked HIM about a special country. Had God put a country on our heart? Why shouldn’t we ask right there and then. I did not see me doing missions or going anywhere as a “missionary” (isn’t that funny? I am laughing here, God DOES have humor!!). “Oh well”, I thought and asked God in a little prayer. OOPS, I did hear something but totally disregarded it. I heard AFRICA. Oh well, I said to myself, that is not coming from God. I was talking to Steven earlier and he is from Africa and Missions and Africa kind of go hand in hand….no, God did not speak to me.” Having decided that, I tried to follow the rest of the evening session. Then I quickly forgot. MISSIONS and MISSIONARIES just did not really get me; get my attention for some reason. After I met the South African Pastor Xavier Adriaanse in July of 2006, I looked at GOD with a fearful heart and let HIM speak into my heart about this matter….finally….like 6 years after that first night sitting next to an African Christian. God said that night: It was me, Kerstin. The voice you heard was from me and I gave you the word: AFRICA. BOOOOM! Oh well, here I am, in one of the most beautiful countries of that same continent!! That moment there was a really great one and I will always remember it. Steven and I in Aschaffenburg, Germany in April 2000.

1 comment:

Melissa K. said...

Schwester, I love reading your blog and seeing what you are experiancing in Africa. I love you sister! You are in my thoughts and prayers.

My Blog followers