BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, August 21, 2014

Latest Newsletter from July 2014




JULY was a beautiful month here in Cape Town. Even though it was winter, it was great. We had the occasional double and triple cold front (rain coming from all sides and wind). This is what you will read about in this edition of South African news from your Long Term Missionary:
1) Life group OUTREACH
2) World Cup Champions
3) New partners in our church and Jesus talking to me about Sabbath and Rest
4) Greetings from my mom and dad

1) July has been a great month in my Life group. We went out to reach the people that stand or sleep or work on the streets with a warm meal and ponchos and a word of encouragement. For some it was the first time to do an outreach. What a blessing to see how their hearts were touched. Growth took place that day and we were able to sow God's love to people in need. We could also send out one of our own to start a Life group in one of the townships nearby. I was blessed to see how the group embraced the transition. They understand the process of multiplication. It is the start of disciples making disciples. Relationship is the key. I take time out to hang with the guys individually which has a great impact. May God do what He can do best.  


2)  And Germany is World Champion in soccer for 4 years!!! I am still so happy about this. But what tops this joy is the gratefulness for my Life group. They surprised me that Sunday for the soccer final and organized a gathering with great food to support me as the only German and to clap for my team with me. I will never forget that. Now they are all Germans now! Ole Ole Ole Ole :)


3) Every few months, we have a partnership evening for people who want to partner with us and become a  planting of the Lord at our church. This time we welcomed  9 new people into our church family by praying over them on a Sunday morning.
  

I make it a habit that every day that I am off I do something different or go someplace different to let my soul exhale and get out of the everyday rhythm. A couple of weeks back, I had a nudge from the Holy Spirit telling me to be intentional about my time off. It is about learning how to rest and use a Sabbath.


Mom and dad send their love. We are thinking through a possible time for them to come visit - maybe February/March. Now we start to pray into the details of my mom getting enough time off and my dad being physically fit enough to do it.

No comments:

My Blog followers