BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Wednesday, August 11, 2010

More on dancing

I love dancing and I know that God is redeeming something in me while I dance. That is so special to know. As I said in my earlier post, dancing is more spiritual than we think. Dancing is part of God's healing plan for our lives.I am reading a book on dancing right now..and I go dancing twice every week. I am blessed and I learn a lot. In dancing a man becomes a man and a woman becomes a woman. Let me unpack that again. When the man starts to learn how to dance, he also learns hoe to lead and be assertive, how to be strong and confident. This is an important part a man needs to learn in life to be the man God created him to be. When a woman learns how to dance, she learns how to follow the man's lead, how to trust the one who holds her and guides her. She learns how to be confident and how to shine. This is part of what God has initially put into the sould of a woman. Isn't that beautiful?

2 comments:

Patricia said...

beautiful indeed <3

Unknown said...

I totally agree! God has shown me several visions of us dancing, even with crowds of angels rejoicing! And I have that painting you gave me of me dancing with Jesus, with Song of Solomon 2:6 and 8:3! This is when he is dipping me in the dance....wonderful!

My Blog followers