BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Wednesday, October 26, 2011

their own countdown


Everyone has their own countdown...that is what I think. Don't we all have an event that we are looking forward to? For some it is a birthday - for another it might be graduation or a ball - it might be a person visiting (!!!!) or the next dance competition - it might be Christmas.... or it might simply be the next day since today has been a hard one.....

Who knows.

I want you to tell me about your countdown. What is it and how long until then?

One of my countdowns is the arrival of a dear friend from Oregon: Carina Austin. She will arrive in 44 days. I am so glad that I get a visit not only from a dear American friend but also from one of my dearest ones. So I am counting down 44 days now.


I am also looking forward to my birthday to be 34 years old which will be in 33 days. I am a birthday person and so I love to celebrate it and make that day special since it IS special :)

Thirdly, I am looking forward to that day when my mom will be in surgery for her right shoulder. I am looking forward to it because it is loooong overdue and I am glad she is doing it and that is in 12 days.

There are more countdowns as I am thinking about it now....but first I would love ot hear about some of yours!!

Counting down.......

No comments:

My Blog followers