BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, March 07, 2013

Back in school ?

Oh and I recall another really great time during my trip. I was in Germany at that time.
I figured it would be a good thing to get some copies of my graduation diploma from 1997 whilst in town. So I went to my old High school (Friedrich-Ebert Gymnasium in Muehlheim) and was happy to meet some familiar faces. I 've always loved chatting to my teachers. I ran into my French teacher who accompanied and supported me throughout my garduation since French was one of my majors. We started chatting and soon she invited me to come and share a bit on South Africa and my work here with one of her graduation classes during an upcoming project day. It fitted in and so I went.
What a joy to be with my teacher in the classroom and speak French :)
I thank Elisabeth Varennes for a great morning - may her class do well and succeed in their graduation!

No comments:

My Blog followers