BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, March 07, 2013

C.O.F.F.E.E.


I really like coffee. Well, I am a German and we Germans love a good cup of coffee. Two years ago when my Pastor from Oregon Jason Albelo came to visit he gave me a present and that was a great coffee maker mashine. I was now able to make Lattes and espressos. And from then on I was very keen on having fresh grounded coffee in the house (Starbucks/ Seattle's Best etc).
Then my colon played up and I had to reduce my coffee intake. Reading these last lines, it sounds as if I was drinking lots of coffee. In fact I was not. However, the acidy character of it had affected me.
Then I went on my trip to Germany and Oregon/US these last months and it was hard not to drink good coffee. When I came to Oregon, it was even harder. The Pacific Northwest is amazing for its coffee.
this was my point of contact with precious people every weekend
I blogged on my time doing Brain State a few weeks ago. For Brain State I also needed to withdraw from coffee or any coffeine drink. Boy, that was hard but thank God for great decaf coffee.

All this introduction to come to a very special blessing that I had every Sunday morning in Gresham/Oregon. I was given a table where could present photos and the details of my ministry for the people before and after our services.
We have a great coffee shop there run by certain members of the church East Hill Church Family. My friend Dawn-Marie who runs the coffee shop made sure that I had a free coffee drink every Sunday morning. She would make me a VENTI cup
(a biig one) and I could choose what I want.
This is Dawn-Marie :)

My choice of the time was: Decaf Hazelnut Latte :)

 
Thank you Dawn, you are a trooper!!!!

No comments:

My Blog followers