BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Sunday, March 25, 2007

Being selfish

Hey there, I find it very disturbing yet it seems to be too true that we are all very self-centered. Being selfish is something I want to get rid off, yet I know that it is part of the human condition after the fall. However, with Christ in me I can let HIm help me to be LESS self-centered and more Jesus- centered and thus more other-centered. Does that work? Yes I do believe so. Why am I selfish? I am not selfish because in the morning , I get up and tell myself: today, kerstin, it is all about you, be selfish today! NO , but I walk around with wounds from the past and dynamics that start to fall in place with specific people more or less. It takes a conscient decision NOT to function in these parameters. I observe the selfishness-epidemic with all of us. Love God , love people, liebe Gott, liebe Menschen: as if that were so easy! I am writing this post to tell you that I do not want to FUNCTION in these dynamics anymore, I decide every morning when I wake up to let HIM who is greater than anything or anyone rule me ! May HE lead me from self-centeredness to God-centeredness and thru that to other-centeredness!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey African Queen,

This is a great post. I just happened to see it as I was scrolling around. Something I've worked on myself!! I remember realizing how self-centered I could be in my woundedness, back when I was at Regent College a few years back. I felt despair... and then realized that God wouldn't have shown me this if He wasn't going to fix it!! And fixing it He is... little by little.

I really like your blog template. I am very close to copying it!!

Love
Christine

My Blog followers