BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Too blessed to be stressed!!

With all that I know and have heard today, I should be stressed out. In fact I could choose to be right now. BUT instead, I choose to be blessed and not stressed! I need to finish my support letter; I need to call the South African konsulat in Germany to find out some critical things; I need to have a lot of money soon, like money for my plane tickets; I need to start the applciation process for my visa.... After meeting with my mentor, I know what my priorities are. Would you pray for me in this very "blessed" time? I need to choose the right attitude every day. Thank you!

2 comments:

Melissa K. said...

Schwester... make sure you send me a support letter. I would like to support you in Africa!

Christine said...

My grandfather and my grandmother Broesamle both used to say that all the time - "I'm too blessed to be stressed!" :-)

Hang in there sweetie, moving is a huge transition and change and if you didn't react to it, it would probably mean you were already dead! So, celebrate the signs that you're in the midst of a legitimate upheaval... and sadness at leaving your friends is a sign that you have been blessed with such great relationships. Praise God for that.

Look at you girl - you have lived in France, Switzerland, America, and now AFRICA! :-) I've tried to get to Cape Town twice and you have thoroughly gotten there ahead of me. I'm going with you in spirit!

My Blog followers