BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Saturday, May 26, 2007

Kerstin flies across the world

Posts from a missionary, at least that is what I will call my future posts for I will be a long term missionay flying to South Africa, being trained in the United States BUT coming from GERMANY. I was probably 10 years old on that picture and YES I sat in the cockpit of a Lufthansa Boing 747.Fun times- little did I know then what destiny and calling would await me later in life. I am in my final stages to set my budget for teh next years so I can start fundraising. There are so many questions and so many details but God is a God of order and of every detail. You guys have a great memorial day weekend!!! So long Kerstin Sunshine Berthold, Long Term Missionary in Cape Town.

1 comment:

Christine said...

We Americans are proud to be sending you! So amazing to think about how this all started long ago in Lausanne. What always makes me laugh is when I remember you emailing me and saying, "so, I believe, I'm ready, where's my champagne?" :-)

Great picture of you in the plane!!

My Blog followers