BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Tuesday, May 08, 2007

come with me to....

So this picture is what I was looking at today in someone's office and my mind suddenly stopped: it was a different picture that I had in mind when thinking of the two disciples from Emmaus who totally did not get that it was Jesus whom they meet on the long road back to their house after finding out about Jesus' death and crucifiction. Totally intersting.....you ask: why? I tell you: Jesus and the two men are really small compared to the vast green scenery around them...beautiful trees.... I know the romantic comes out in me. Also there is a lot of debth to the picture when I look at the sky. So after looking at the picture for I while I started to lose myself in it and questions popped into my mind: What exactly were they talking about..I mean we know the general idea but I suddenly wanted to come closer and be a little mouse amongst their feet. What were the words they exchanged as they went on walking to Emmaus? What was Jesus feeling realizing that they did not recognize him...did that even matter to him? Once the drawer of questions is out, I can hear a whole lot of them and I intrigued...... I want to go into that picture..you know jsut like Marry poppins does that with Burt and the kids taht one rainy afternoon in London....

No comments:

My Blog followers