BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Saturday, October 20, 2007

A hole in a leaf

I have seen this so many times now and I want to share with you what God showed me a few years ago. I was reminded of that very fact several times in the past few fall days ... I am talking about special leaves...I love leaves and anyone who knows my testimony and how I became a Christian knows that even more:) These special leaves have holes...they are not like normal leaves, they seem to be done with life so to speak. Well, one day a few years ago...3 years ago to be exact, I was on a walk with Jesus. I felt really down and empty and I told Jesus all I my feelings. As I was walking along a beautiful path in the forest, I saw such a leaf. I tought: oh that leaf is not good anymore. BUT then I looked closer and saw a tiny spider web inside: all of a sudden God spoke to me:
Look, Kerstin, this leaf seems to be done with life and without a purpose but I gave it a new purpose. This whole is there to give this spider some space to create a beautiful webt. YOu have a purpose although you feel down and empty, ...but I gave you a purpose just as I gave this leaf a purpose.
WOW!!! So now ..... within the past few days, I saw those kind of leaves again...leaves with a hole inside and I was reminded of that spiderweb. God has a plan , God has a purpose and I needed this reminder in this season of my life so much......thank YOU dear heavenly Father!! YOu are the best!!!

1 comment:

Alexis said...

How awesome, it's so important when God reminds us of those times when He touched our lives. Love you.

My Blog followers