BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Tag der Deutschen Einheit: The day of unity in Germany

Hello! TOday is a great day for Germany. It is our own national holiday. We celebrate the fall of the wall and a united Germany, east and west, west and east. Unity is so important. Paul already talked about it in the bible. Unity in the body of Christ, unity and forgiveness. Unity is so important and I can sense it in my own life. I am celebrating my coutnry today and that God is present in this country, that God is doing some mighty work here! I am proud to be a German, proud for all that God has given to us Germnans. I wish for all of us Germans that we can be proud and not fearful of that fact that being proud could lead to teh pride of destruction and dictatorship again. I remember where I was when I watched tv and saw the news about the fall of hte wall. Then, it was surreal and I was not that old. I did not really get it. But later, I was happy. It is not easy, it was not easy but as our pastor said this last sunday: Unity always comes with a prize. I want unity, unity in my relationships, unity in the churches, unity in families. Only Jesus can help me achieve this wish of my heart. Only He can. But with HIm there comes division as well...read on...don't get me wrong: Jesus tells his disciples in Luke 12 that He comes with a holy fire and that pretty much people either believe in HIm or hate HIM. This is what I mean with division. Jesus comes with the sword of the Spirit which divides clearly. YOu can see that in so many ways: veryone can talk about God these days...A GOD..but as soon as I talk about Jesus, people divide into 2 groups ...maybe 3: one says: Yes Jesus is my Savior, the other one says: I do not believe in Jesus and that is all humbug and the third does not care at all: everyone will be blessed with whatever they believe. I am one of the 1st group I mentioned and today I pray that Jesus blesses my country: Germany:
Dear Lord, I ams o thankful that I am a German and I am thankful to know you, I pray for this country to hear you and see you, I pray fogive us our sins and let us forgive others who sinned against us. I pray help us to receive your goodness and help us not to criticize but believe in YOU I pray bless us and hold us, yoru German Bride Kerstin
Wuerdig das Lamm das geopfter ist wuerdig das Lamm zu nehmen wuerdig das Lamm das geopfert ist, wuerdig das Lamm zu nhemen Kraft und Reichtum, Weisheit und Staeke Ehre und Ruhm und LObpreis (that is a wonderful German Hymn to praise Jesus the lamb of God,taken out of Revelation 4 and 5)

1 comment:

Christine said...

I think I remember Erika Kunz Mayes singing that once in Switzerland, long long ago...

I was just learning about German Reunification Day at German class on Monday. :-)

My Blog followers