BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, December 27, 2007

Close to 2008 - THANKFUL??

Days go by this fast ..especially when I rest and relax as I have been doing in the past days of blessing and Christmas. I've had a really blessed time with my family and a wonderful time at church. Close to Jesus, close to HIS heartbeat..that is my motto, my theme for the next 60 days before I will fly to Cape Town. In these last days of this year we all think back of what 2007 brough to us, what we can learn for the future and where we are thankful. Let's look for the things we can be thankful for. Here is my list:
-thankful for my parents and the relationship with them -thankful for my friends, here in Germany, in the States, in France, everywhere -thankful for a place to stay, for health, for food, for love -thankful for God in my life and for HIS hope and HIS life -thankful for knowing my calling and knowing where I am headed
........ what are YOU thankful for at the end of 2007???
God bless us, each and every one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know my thankful list... I put it up on my blog too... but I'm delighted to see you doing so well and to know that you are almost off to Africa! Wow... it's just amazing...

Once again.... happy 8 years!

Love
Christine

My Blog followers