BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Friday, December 21, 2007

Germany for 68 more days - decision made

So after lots of ups and downs, I now can say that I wills tay in Germany for another 68 days. After talks with both my sending church and South Africa, I decided to postpone the flight to Cape Town until the end of February 2008. Considering the siuation this seems to be wise. I will receive all the documents soon and then I am able to apply for the visa. This gives me more time at the consulate. Merry Christmas to you all! I want to share something one of my first pastors once said: Our heart is the manger Jesus puts himself in and where He is born into this world. It is there where He grows in us! May this Christmas be a blessed one for all of us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hard to wait!! But at least you finally have your support in. That's wonderful. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas, celebrating all that is ahead and all that's behind you too!

My Blog followers