BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Monday, April 14, 2008

LIFEhere

Long time no see  It is my 6th week here in South Africa and I am getting settled more and more. So many things run through my mind every day. I check on the building every once in a while to see how far the builders are and I cannot wait to see the new church building finished. In the meantime we are having a fast with the entire congregation to fast for breakthrough in our lives but also to fast for breakthrough for the building. We need the money for having the roof put on. In all this we are through the half of the fast time already (16days all in all). During this time, we meet every Wednesday night to praise together and sing joyful songs to breakthrough heaven and praise our God Almighty. I am fasting from the internet which is not that easy for me. See, I am not able to fast food because of the medication that I take. It is an interesting time and a time for me to press into the Lord, to read in HIS word more and to concentrate on HIS truth. Likewise, it is a time where I battle emotions of loneliness and the feeling of being overwhelmed day in and day out. I go to the beach a lot and chase waves….as well as take the time to praise God despite of all I am feeling right now. My life has changed drastically in the last year. From Oregon to Germany to Cape Town and I can feel all those changes. I am not too fond about changes; I have to say though that in a life of faith CHANGE is the very constant thing apart from Christ of course. The season changed here about a week or two ago. Now it is fall and the only thing that is different is that the nice breeze increased and that it is colder in the evening. I am so thankful of staying at a place close to the beach where I can profit from the weather as much as possible. In this time a lot so happening at the same time. Coastlands Community Church is in need of a lot and it is hard to see that and wait on God and wait on how HE will provide and meet the needs here. I am helping out in youth ministry right now where I take on a teen group for girls (ages 13/14). See this church focuses a lot on families with children. This means that we have the children there without a certain message for them. Right now we concentrate on bridge building (relationship) to connect with the youth. The goal is to point them to Jesus. My group consists of 3 girls. I am glad to be able to pour into their hearts and lives. Restoration and Healing…..the shape of this church will be clearer from month to month and I am here to be God’s hands extended to this church and this community and to find how to bring HIS tools of healing and restoration here.

No comments:

My Blog followers