BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Friday, April 25, 2008

1yearAGO

1 year ago, one year ago, one year ago…..this week I am pondering about those ten days when I left the States for a short mission trip to Cape Town South Africa last year in late April. I remember how afraid I was for I knew that God was heavily on my heart and I was about to decide to move here and do what God wants me to do. I was confronted with sheer fear and anxiety for that new step and new season of my life would be sooo different. I was blessed here last year and I gave my full heart to Jesus knowing that wherever HE sends me that would be the place where I would go (see my past posts from that time last year)(and this one).... This morning, God reminded me of HIS work in me during that last year. The moment I set my foot on American soul again after being in South Africa I knew with no shadow of a doubt that that is where I would go next. God gave me such a big assurance that I could help but smile all the time. I felt a new confidence arise in me and I know that was the work of my Jehovah Jireh (Genesis 22:14), my Jehovah Rohi (Isaiah 44:28). Yes He is my provider and HE is the Lord my Shepherd, the One who protects me, provides for me and who is present with me. Now, one year later, I am actually living in Cape Town, South Africa and I know that this is where I am supposed to be. 1 year later I have another testimony to point to my Jesus for HE is freeing me from fear and anxiety and HE helps me to risk and walk with HIM! Every day anew!!!!!

No comments:

My Blog followers