BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Sunday, January 18, 2009

9YEARS

It is time again to celebrate…now for the 9th time!!! WOW! Today, nine years ago (!!!!!), I gave my life to Jesus in a very nice flat in Lausanne/Switzerland. The flat belonged to Christine and God led her to lead me to HIM! Every year on this day, I make a special note, do a special thing and remember that special time that turned my life upside down – UPSIDE DOWN in the best way possible!!! I remember when Christine and I had finished the little prayer (boy was I nervous and excited for I had never prayed like this…2 people together), Christine told me that I am a Christian now and we went from her kitchen into the living room where all the others from our Bible Study waited and I announced:
I think, I guess I am a Christian now
–grin- I remember it as if it where yesterday! Then we popped a German (!!!!) bottle of Champaign and took this picture!!! Blessings to the one who risked so much to reach out to me at that time…blessings to all those who did! Now, 9 years later, I followed God’s call on my life to go to South Africa to bless people in need here. Crazy stuff but fun stuff….stuff to praise and worship the only one who could make this possible: Jesus Christ-DADDY-Holy Spirit=3 in one…what a mystery !!!! I have more of my testimony on my blog on earlier posts from 2 years ago- feel free to browse through HERE! I know that without Jesus, I would not be here, without Jesus I guess I would be in a very complicated marriage and without Jesus I definitely would not be the woman I am today! HE reminds me of this every day…every day I know that without HIM I can do nothing (John 15:4) A humble Miss Sunshine on a very sunny day here in Cape Town

1 comment:

Christine said...

I FINALLY am seeing this... what a beautiful post!! :) You are so sweet. And I am SO proud of you - my most amazing spiritual baby in the world!

Love,
Christine

My Blog followers