BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Friday, January 09, 2009

faithfulDETAIL

I call this blog post: being faithfull in the detail. I just came back from the shopping mall. There, I passed an older woman twice and every time I was stunned with her top. I thought to myself: What a great top on her!!! Before I could walk out the mall, I felt a nudge from the Holy Spirit to share that with that lady. Oh my....then I thought: Kerstin, come on...that would be so awkward telling her ...what would she think? After a few minutes of thoughts back and forth I told myself:
Oh well, let's try.
So I went up to her and told her how stunning that top looked on her. Her whole face lightenend up and she thanked me and said:
This made my day!!!
This would have never happened if I had not tried to be faithful in the detail. I know it is just a small small thing but I think that it is there where it starts! Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I love reading your posts- keep up the open-ness!

Gail said...

Isn't it awesome when we follow the Lord leadings? I don't do it as often as I should but when I do, there is not only blessings for the other person, but I find God blesses my by strengthening my faith. May the Lord bless you.
Gail

My Blog followers