BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Saturday, July 21, 2007

Nervous....

Yes I am nervous. It is saturday and today and tomorrow I will be interviewed on the stage of our church in front of everyone. I know God has made me for this and He told me to speak in front of an ocean of people but HEY, this is way beyond me! I read Phillipians 4:13: I can do everything THROUGH Christ who loves me and combined with John 15:5 that reads that I cannot do anything apart from Christ...I know that what I can do I only can do through my Lord and with HIs help. If someone had told me 2 years...even 1 year ago that I would go as a female single long term missionary to Cape Town SOuth Africa, I would have shaken my head, rolled my eyes and stuff like that. I can see how far God has brought me and I know that HE is able to do far more. Am I happy to have HGIM, to know HIM and to be with HIM every second of the day and of the night: what a priviledge!!!! I picked out my outfit and hope I can do something different with my hair :) (lol) oh well, I guess I see u out there. After this weekend you can go online on: www.easthill.org to go on our website and see the service and there will be my interview. The battle belongs to the LORD (2. Chron. 20)

No comments:

My Blog followers