BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Tuesday, July 10, 2007

UPDATED update, more money in and more to raise!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOUTH AFRICA-CAPE TOWN Dear family and friends, Here I am, less than 3 weeks before the big move. I will go home to Germany, get my visa and then go to Cape Town as soon as I have enough funds. I am doing ok in all this, am so glad that God provides me with peace and trust and all that. I know that He is here and He is working in all this. Thank you so much for your prayers!!!!!!! Trust is what my theme is these days…a trust that is weak and raw and vulnerable, a trust that can only come from my God  When will I leave the U.S. for South Africa?              My last day of work at East Hill Church will be Friday, July 20th, 2007 and I will fly home to Frankfurt, Germany exactly one week later on the 27th of July.  I am returning to Germany to apply for my visa which must be done from my home country.  Then I will have approximately three months in Germany to work and be with friends and family before I embark on my new adventure to Capetown, South Africa. NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS NEWS How is my support going? I have a lot of people praying for me and to be honest that is the most important thing right now. It helps not to stand alone J The finances are slowly coming in. I should have about 1700 $ by now, but need at least 3,200$ to be able to have a “reserve” here at East Hill at all times in case of emergency PLUS the money for the first 2 months there that I can spend: in all 6,400 $. I believe that God will provide and bring it in. If I cannot cover the first months in Cape Town, I cannot be sent out yet. Also, I need to have the “reserve” money in at all times. If I fall under the 3,200 $, I have 60 days in financial emergency state before I would need to leave the field to go home and build up my support again. Certainly, I would not want to go there.How can you support me in this? - with your prayers.   During this season of transition I am need of spiritual protection over my emotions, decisions, thoughts and actions.  I need discernment and God’s wisdom for balance.  Likewise, you can pray for a good and stable family that will open their home to me in Capetown.  My e-mail address is newborntigger@yahoo.com and I would love to hear from you at any time. Financially, I am going to need approximately $1,650.00 a month in support.  While East Hill will be giving me some financial support, it will not cover the full support amount that I need.  My IMMEDIATE needs are 2 months worth of my budget as reserve PLUS 2 months of my budget to actually spend on housing and food to be able to go: 6,400$ If you need a tax receipt, you can send payments to East Hill Church. Please make sure to note "South Africa Long Term Missions” on the memo line of each check .
The address of The East Hill Church is: East Hill Church, PO Box 650, Gresham OR 97030
You can send checks made out to East Hill to the East Hill PO Box . Finally, If you have any questions about my plans or want further information, please do not hesitate to contact me. I’d love to hear from you as well J May God bless you!  Sincerely, Kerstin

No comments:

My Blog followers