BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Friday, November 09, 2007

Jesus: here is what I have, only with your help we can move things!!

Yesterday, as I was walking to catch my train my mind went back to this last week. Jesus wa so gracious to me. He stooped down and caught my soul and changed my heart and my inner man. I suddenly had to think of the situation when Jesus was about to fee the multitudes. He had just taught and talked to the diciples and it was later i hte day. Jesus asked his disciples to go and get something to eat. I could easily see myself as one of those disciples...I felt suddenly right in the middel fo the story: Did Jesus just tell us to find something to eat for all these people here? I looked at this multitude...men, women and children.........how on earth.... oh well all of us split up and tried to buy as much food as üissble with the little money we had. After a while we got 5 pieces of fish and 3 loaves of bread. I felt so bad. This is not enough! We need to find more! We need to. In my hastiness I ran around trying to find more. ALL THIS HAPPENED IN MY THOUGHTS WHILE WALKINT TO CATCH THE TRAIN TO FRANKFURT DOWNTOWN!!! Suddenly I realized something. I would have run around to get more on my own for hours. HOWEVER, JEsus wanted me to come back with what I have and say to HIM: Jesus this is all I have, only with your help we can do the unbelievable! Now I transfered that to my situation:
Jesus does nto want for me to be the perfect Missioanry who understand everything and is superwise. He knows me, He knows what I can do and what I cannot do and still HE chose me. HE wants me to come to HIm and say: Jesus, here I am, it is only me, Kerstin, not superwoman, only with your help I can be the Missioanry, only with your help I we can do unbelievable!
wow, what a revelation!!!!

No comments:

My Blog followers