BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Monday, October 19, 2009

A "hell" of a week

It is friday evening, I am sitting at a little Cafe in a mall watching all the people go to the movies. They all pass my table where I am sitting trying to find a breather from all that happened this last week: my email account got hijacked, my facebook account as well (not to mention my nearly nonexisting myspace account)!! A few hours ago, I found out why I had other problems as well. Back to the movie crowd now: it is friday night so they all buzz in from all sides. While I am watching this scene unfold I ask myself a funny question:
Why do they all look so put together? / Why do they all walk as if they proudly displayed the latest fashion?/ Why all this effort when they go see a movie IN UTTER DARKNESS???
Have you ever thougth of that? It is nice to sit here and relax,breathing in....slowly...breathing out. I learned a lot this week. Learning , real learning is painful because it always costs us something. However, learning is important and I want o learn. I love the feeling when I realized something and am able to put it into practice now. I am glad I can sit here and observe, breathing in and breathing out. The week started in church with a message that really hits the sweet spot right now: Give thanks and Praise God in ALL circumstances. My soul and heart aches for the peace of God that transcends all understanding, so I start to thank the Lord (Pil 4)

3 comments:

Alexis said...

Wow, you sure did have a rough week. I wish I could be there to give you a hug and give you something. But as you said,it's important to learn how to praise God in the middle of the crap. I learned from your week and changed my passwords to something really tough. :)

Gracie Saylor said...

Thanks for keeping "in touch" even though your on line accounts were attacked. I am asking God to continue to protect and bless you in Jesus' name as he empowers you with the Holy Spirit to minister His love. My husband especially appreciated the message Pastor Ted gave: Nothing Just Happens. God's glory shines through all circumstances. love with hugs, Gracie :)

Christine said...

I love that photo of the statue...it perfectly sums up what you were feeling, and what a woman feels when she's alone and things are going wrong. You are so good at finding great pictures to describe what you're writing and feeling.

My Blog followers