BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Sunday, October 25, 2009

plain EVIL

I am telling you now why I call this post PLAIN EVIL. Yesterday as part of my job for a saturday clean up, I had to water the plants in our two gardens and remove any type of weed. The watering was great as I also watered myself a bit (laugh). That wasn't bad at all because summer has started here in Cape Town and the sun was out....so a splash of cold water was awesome. As I was watering the plants a "plant" caught my eye. It looked nice, yellow and seemed two embrace the normal plant. As I kneeled down adn looked underneath, I saw a network of roots: this was a major weed. The more I tried to get to the root, the main root of this big weed, I got disgusted: it was huuuuge and it was deep in the ground.As I was digging I found another one of that kind. I thougth:
These ones are plain evil!! They disguise themselves as being nice and beautiful colourful plants but in reality they are evil and not good- in reality they actually take the water, the plants should get."
As I was praying, I could see so easily how that one was an illustration of sins in my life and of lies from the devil. They can sound so real, so right but are meant to do evil. When I don't look at things in my heart, my garden in there will be infested by such plain evil soon because evil grows...... We heard our Pastor preach this morning about Godly desire and good intentions and how good intentions can be just like those weeds.....looking good on the outside but no eternal value.
I desire more of God in me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is really good, Kerstin. Evil like this is just insidious, it sneaks up on people until they give it permission and it takes hold. If we are not holding ourselves to a standard beyond ourselves and asking the Holy Spirit to convict us of whatever isn't pleasing to God, we can end up opposed to the very Gospel we claim to preach... that weed taking up the water that goes to the real plants. It is evil and it is sad.

Help us Lord, to root out the evil weeds in our lives like this... and we pray for mercy for others who have allowed that huge root to grow.

~ Christine

My Blog followers