BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, November 16, 2006

cats cats cats

this one is all about cats. I love cats although people would say that I am a dog person. I love how cats move, I love how they are so elegant. I love the cat in the house I live although he can be so annoying. Cheddar is his name and he is not like a real cat, the personality does not fit. He is always around me, he wants attention and he wants to snuggle and be as close to me as possible for as long as possible. His motor is the loudest I have ever heard and it puts me to sleep pretty much immediately! Cats are fun. Well here is a funny story about Cheddar: He wanted to be in the bathroom right after I took a shoer, well I let him in and what does he do? He jumps carefully into the shower and licks the water (knotting my head at it) what is your cat story?

2 comments:

Kerstin Sunshine said...

I am still waitin' for some cat stories!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alexis said...

cat story:
whenever Chloe, my cat, jumps onto a ledge she imediatly looks for anything to push over. Well, once I was getting ready for work when I hear a loud "crash!" I run into the kitchen and see her on the kitchen counter-big trouble- and I see a glass vase shattered on the ground. And she looked at me like, 'Well, you put it on the counter...not me.'

My Blog followers