BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy TURKEYday

So, it is Turkey day... and I made my first Turkey!!!! Man, it was delicious. My hostmom gave the directions and I stuffed it and cooked it just right!! I was a bit nervous cuz I know what a big thing Thanksgiving is here in the States. I am tired because of some good amount of Turkey in my belly (grin). I love this laziness and the good food! We had Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, corn in sauteed onions, broccoli with melted cheese, cranberry sauce, deviled eggs, bread rolls, sweet potatoes (I am not taht fond of those...) and stuffing, then pumpkin pie with whip cream.
What did you have today? tell me!!!!

1 comment:

Margaret Feinberg said...

turkey, cranberry chutney, veggies and pecan pie (no butter, no crust). Other things on the table, greenbean casserole, stuffing, gravy, rolls, pigs in a blanket, broiled vegetables, and pumpkin pie, peanut butter pie, pumpkin roll, chocolate cookies.

My Blog followers