BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, June 14, 2007

My Support letter for South Africa 2007!

June 14, 2007 Dear Family and Friends: My name is Kerstin Berthold. Most of you know me already either in Germany or as a graduate of Oregon College of Ministry. Around June of last year, God began to speak to me about being used in the area of restoration possibly in South Africa. Following this lead, I did return to East Hill Church for a year of practical application, training, and personal healing to prepare me for this possibility. Five weeks ago I went to Capetown, South Africa as part of an East Hill missions team dedicated to establishing Restoration Ministries in Coastlands Community Church as part of a five year strategic partnership that East Hill has with this church. My role on this team was to work with Pastor Xavier Adriannse to help start Genesis Change groups within Coastlands by facilitating a small group and then mentoring an indigenous leader at Coastlands to take over when we left. What a pleasure! I could even speak French with a lot of people there. While I was in Capetown, I spent a great deal of time getting to know Pastor Xavier and his family and exploring the possibility of my going to Coastlands as a long term missionary from East Hill Church. I am happy and excited to report that the Missions Leadership Team of East Hill Church has formally endorsed me as a long term missionary from East Hill to Coastlands Community Church in Capetown, South Africa for 3-5 years. As I look back on God’s leading and preparation over the last year it is clear that this is an assignment from Him. To be sent out and supported by East Hill of which I am a member and which has made such an investment in me over the last three years is amazing to me and is a testimony of God’s love and faithfulness. Though this has been an exciting process for me, in reading this letter you probably have a few questions as to what I will be doing in Capetown and how you can be involved. I’m so glad you asked. What will be my role at Coastlands Community Church? I will team up with Pastor Xavier and the Coastland’s Leadership Team focusing on restoration and emotional healing groups. Not only will I be starting and facilitating small groups using Restoration resource material but I will also train, mentor, and help disciple new leadership. Where will I live in Capetown, South Africa? At least for the first six to twelve months I will be living with one of the families at Coastlands. Ultimately, I hope to be able to move into my own apartment sometime after the first year. East Hill Church will continue to be my sending church as well as a homebase for me in the future. When will I leave the U.S. for South Africa? My last day of work at East Hill Church will be Friday, July 20th, 2007 and I will fly home to Frankfurt, Germany exactly one week later on the 27th of July. I am returning to Germany to apply for my visa which must be done from my home country. Then I will have approximately three months in Germany to work and be with friends and family before I embark on my new adventure to Capetown, South Africa. How can you be involved in my support?
1. First of all and most importantly you can support me with your prayers. During this season of transition I am need of spiritual protection over my emotions, decisions, thoughts and actions. I need discernment and God’s wisdom for balance. Likewise, you can pray for a good and stable family that will open their home to me in Capetown. My e-mail address is newborntigger@yahoo.com and I would love to hear from you at any time. 2. Financially, I am going to need approximately $1,500.00 a month in support. While East Hill will be giving me some financial support, it will not cover the full support amount that I need. My IMMEDIATE needs are: $1,750.00 for airfare to Germany and on to South Africa as well as $300.00 in costs to obtain a work visa for South Africa. If you need a tax receipt, you can send payments to East Hill Church. Please make sure to note "South Africa Long Term Missions” or my name “Kerstin Berthold” on the memo line of each check.
Finally, thank you all so much for your love, care, and investment you have made in my life over the last few years. I will miss each and every one of you and hope that we can stay in contact by e-mail. If you have any questions about my plans or want further information, please do not hesitate to contact me. May God bless you! Sincerely, Kerstin

No comments:

My Blog followers