BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Friday, June 08, 2007

Tigger girl -who is that?

Tigger is a fun guy. I guess you met him sometime in your life. I love Tigger a lot. I called myself Tigger girl years ago. I have really enjoyed Disney characters since I was 16 years old. I even dreamed of becoming a Disney animator for a while. My favourite character is tigger. Yes, there are tons of other fun little characters like the narrator from Aladdin (Salam and good evening to you my dear friends...) or Tarzan's mom Kala who does such a great job loving and lettin go, or like Buzz Lightyear (To infinity and beyond!!) or like Pete's Dragon...... However, Tigger has always topped them all for me. Why, you might ask? Well, Tigger is funny, unlike the gloomy and depressing negative Eeyore, or the panicy Piglet or the annoying Rabbit. Tigger is funny and bouncy. But today I got hit by God's mighty Spirit in the most tender way possible: Tigger is also very selfish. He does not think of others first. He is very self-centered and bounces over people's feelings before he thinks about it. I have done that in my life and I see some tigger-influence in my life. Whenever I worry too much, or whenever I am deep down in the mud trying to figure out how God is healing me, or whenever my inner child needs some attention...then the negative side of tigger comes out and I get very self-centered and I know I hurt people. Yes I know Tigger has his good sides and I glean from them , too.
So today I got reminded of a converstation I had in Lausanne..7 years ago in a very cute little cafe where you can get the best hot chocolate in the world: My friend and I were talking about Winnie the Pooh and Tigger and all their friends from the Hundred Acre Wood and how they represent people in real life and Christians. See, there are these people who need the rules and cannot relax at all. I call these people RABBITs. Then there are people who are scared all the time and who have a hard time go through life without shivering. I call them PIGLETS. Then there are these people who see everything in a negative light and who are depressed and say :POOR ME all the time. These ones are EEYOREs. Then there are POOHs who see the good in everyone, who trust easily and who are a little bit naive as well. Then there are TIGGERs who want to have fun fun fun all the time, who are pretty independant and who always bounce over Rabbit's carrots :)
Can you see us Christians in those characters? Dear Lord thank you for reminding me that I am not the only one on this planet. Help me to be sensitive and other-centered dear God and help me to have trust and faith just like a Pooh Bear. Your tigger girl Kerstin

No comments:

My Blog followers