BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Testimony to be continued

So now you know the beginning. However, this is not where it stopped. See, I became a Christian in my last 3 weeks in Lausanne before I was supposed to go back home to Germany. So Jesus did a LAST MINUTE thing I would say. He is my hero!!! It was hard for me to leave my first family in faith so soon. In Germany, I had no clue where to go. In the state church, there were only old women and the pews were empty. Moreover, with my new fire, I felt I was too much for all these protestants. Christine and my other new sisters from my bible study helped me to find a Christian student group at my university in Frankfurt. However, in my first weeks, I had hard times to conquer. My fiance was not happy about my change. He got really jealous of the time I spent with Jesus and in the Bible and we had arguments every day. I was on this roller coaster of: This is the one I will marry and I should break up. In all this time, I had such good times with Jesus, though. Every day I found out something new in the Bible that fascinated me. I learned like a hungry scholar. After a month being back in Frankfurt, I realized that I needed to break up with my fiance of 5 years. See, we already had the chapel , we had the date, we had the invitations......CRAZY! Let me just say it took God a lot to convince me to break up with my fiance. I was so emmeshed with him that every time I thought of seperation, I actually had a panic attack and problems to breathe. My heart would not go in the right way. Needless to say, I was a mess and I could not think of a life without that man because he still was my center. I had become a Christian on January the 19th of 2000 and on March 30th, I broke up with him. Jesus helped me big time. I was free but had a hard time to let go and let God cut the strings that held me down for so long. I praised God that day: Free at last, I screamed, FREE at last! more to come stay tuned :)

No comments:

My Blog followers