BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Kerstin at the flee market PART II :)

I am so tired but happy, not because of any money but because my God was so personal and lovng to me today that I am touched beyond words. I got up at 5am in the morning to prepare for my second adventure at the flee market. I had put all stuff in the car last night and now the next chapter could begin: I arrived at 6:15am at my place, payed the little fee and set up all my stuff. One the way to the market I committed this work to the Lord: Let people be blessed and let me not look at the money but at the hearts of the people that would come- this was my prayer after reading Psalm 37 this morning. I got rid of more than half of my stuff for not a lot of money. However, I samg a lot of songs, hummed and was happy for I saw how it blessed the people that came by. I had an awesome neighbor and we got along really well, singing, dancing and chatting about this or that. I was blessed and she said that she was blessed as well. Then an older woman from the Jehova's wittness appeared, bought my coffee machine and wanted to sell or give me those magazines...THE WATCHTOWER . I politely said NO and still we had a nice chat. I could bless a woman whose name is Anna. She has a little Baby and two odler sons. her husnand died with 36 years and now she is alone. SHe bought htings and aksed if I could drive to her appartment after the market ot bring them to her. I said yes. After the market I could not remmenber where that street was and my cell phone was close to die , so I could not ask her ( she had given me her number). As I asked the Lord driving in the car, I looked at the next street sign and it was exactly the street I needed to go- I just felt a soft hug from the Lord it was marvellous. As I came into Anna's appartment, I was blessed with her smile and we talked over a coffee and I was able to see and hug her little baby girl- she gave me a biiiig baby smile and my heart melted. I was touched by that woman's life and I am asking God now to reveal to me if I can bless that woman and if then how. God also encouraged me in me going to South Africa in HIs own way which is indiscribable. All in all I am tired now but happy- I think i made 40 Dollars but in the unseen world I gained so much and could bless so much, wha a wonderful experience! Thank you my dear God, thank you for your sweetness! I love you!!!!!! P.S. ON THAT ONE PICTURE I AM WEARING THE RED BEANIE ABOUT WHICH I BLOGGED A FEW MONTHS AGO- LOOK AT THIS BLOG POST CALLED ; THE RED BEANIE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boy. Two kids and a widow in her 30's. That is brutal. I can't imagine it. How wonderful that you were called to be a minister of grace and understanding to her.

I still remember a fun flea market in the plaza in old-town Lausanne, in front of the big library (just below the cathedral). I'm looking forward to enjoying them again someday.

My Blog followers