BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, August 16, 2007

Communication- what is that?

Communication is such an awesome word. We can fight misunderstanding with this word and this word enables us to have a good relationship. Communication is not one-sided. However, I seem to understand it that way ...unconciously.... I talk with myself and don't ask the person that is affected. Then I assume, I make an ASS out of U and ME and then no communication is needed. I have to learn so much in communication. Every time I fail, I think how hard it is to unwinde all those unconcious actions...so that I can finally ask the day the questions pop up in my head and not days later. Right now I am frustrated but hopeful because I can do all things throuh HIm who gives me strength : JESUS. With HIm I will be able to communicate better, only expect the right things. How interseting it is that we act and react, that we are triggered and wounded and how much do we act out of our woundedness. How much do I put people in a box out of my woundedness and how much do I miscommunicate out of my woundedness.
Lord, forgive me and teach me your way, the way of good communication, the way of good questions, the way of good understanding. I need you Lord and knowing that you exist gives me hope in this frustration. JESUS, REIGN IN ME!

No comments:

My Blog followers