BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Adventure? Desert? What?

I am back in Germany now for the 4rth day. I fight the flu and am in bed a lot, am tired and absolutely weak. I am so glad that my Shepherd Jesus is with me. He comforts me and holds me and sings over me by night (just as the propeht Zephania writes). The feeling of being overwhelmed seems a normal one these days and I try to be ok with it. Old thought patterns come like waves and I need the shield of faith and the belt of truth from my Father to choose against all that. I try to figure out what kind of visa I need for South Africa, am feeling lonely and alone in all this, knowing that that is such a stinking lie. I feel like in a desert spiritually speaking, yet I know I am right where I need to be these days. I read in Isaiah and John and take walks with my Jesus.....one of these days I will post a video of my first walk here. I just need my laptop to be online with me LOL. I go through grief at the same time and jetlag and culture shock. Still I would call it an adventure. God made me for such a time as this. I need encouragement deep in my soul, I need Jesus.................. Isn't it awesome that we need Jesus the most when we are in a desert? So there....
My dear best friend Jesus, please have mercy on me and help me to be responsable of what thougths I let in and where i need to renounce bad stuff. Help me dear God and give me a humble and contrite heart, so I can hear you and follow your ways. point my feet in the way they should go...today and tomorrow...and help me with all the calls to the consulat. Lead me, guid me, it is you I desperately need LORD! Ur sunshine Kerstin

No comments:

My Blog followers