BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, August 02, 2007

Life journal

At East Hill we all got a life journal. That is a journal with bible verses throughout the whole year. It has three different sections for different reader: the snack (that is just a few verses), the meal (mostly two passages) and the feast (that is more ). Today I started with the snack of the 2nd of August, which is John 4: 1-43- Jesus and that woman at the well. One verse struck me in particular: verse 34 (NLT) writes: S My nourishment comes from doing the will of God, who sent me, and from finishing His work. O
Jesus must be hungry, he sat down at the well, feeling weak after a long walk through Samaria when he met the woman. His disciples ask him again and again if he needed something. Yet Jesus replies with this sentence. Through doing what God has put on his heart, he regains strength and is nourished in a deeper way.
A
WOW, again Jesus talks about the spiritual nourishment. It makes me think of him being in the desert when the devil tempts him to make bread out of stones. We do not live just by bread, but by the living bread which is the word and through the union with Jesus who is the living bread. Every day my mission is and hsould be to do the will of God who sent me and to finsih HIS work. What does this mean for this very day?
P
Dear Jesus, I thank you that you are the living bread and that I can commmunicate with you! I love you so much, I can hardly expalin in words. Please help me to see what you have called me to this very day. Help me to lvoe my mom and dad and to be a light in this atmosphere. Help me to be responable for allt aht I think and do! My life is in you , Lord let me do your will! Amen

No comments:

My Blog followers