BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Sunday, August 26, 2007

My plane to embark with: missionary!!!

Today as I went to be in a sunday service again, I was so encouraged and there is one aspect I want to tell you of. We were talking about how the two disciples walking to Emmaus were surprised and filled with joy when they finally reallized that the person who had interpreted the Scriptures to them was their and our Lord Jesus. Jesus appreared to them being intersted in their concerned faces while they were discussing the past events that had so shocked them. Furthermore, he stayed with them and taught them out of the Scripture without revealing himself yet. Our pastor talked about a very good metaphor this morning. He said:
"Someone once told me to compare out lives as a Christian with a journey on the plane. The plane is the metaphor fo the word, the Sciptures, the truth. We need to be in the word, in us to the plane, although it we need to trust and believe that this plane will get us to where we want to go. Armed with courage and all, we go and sit down in the plan, we go and sit in the word, we are int he word and let the Holy Spirit serve us as we are flying, as we are reading. The Holy Spirit shows us the truth and comforts us. He makes it comfortable in the word, in the plane. We cannot or should not get out of the plane before our destination- that will be painful!!!! We need to hang in there until we arrive at our destination."
We talked about our personal plane right now, where do we need to seek God's revelation through HIS word like the revelation the two disciples from Emmaus got through the word by Jesus. My plane is called : Being a Missionary. It took me a lot of courage and more than half a year for God to free me a bit more of my anxieties, but now I am on the plane, I am ina the word and reading about Paul and how things hapenened, how he had to work and what needed to be done. I am learning but by flight is in turbulences right now and I feel a little sick. I need new joy and hope in areas of this calling and I am thankful that the Holy Spirit is flying with me and He will help me understand He will help me change and look forward.
Dear Lord, let me be a missionary worthy of the calling you gave me, knowing that I cannot do it on my own but through you and in fellowship with teh ones you gave me as brothers and sisters. Help me to understand, help me to learn, help me to grow and help me to keep on walking!

No comments:

My Blog followers