BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Friday, January 11, 2008

I AM YOURS dear Lord of mine!

I've just listened to a powerful song I totally forgot about. I listened to it 2 or 3 years ago when I was in the States and nearly had a nervous breakdown from too much. My pastor told me to listen to the songs of Misty Edward and to paint hidden away from everthing and everyone. I did. It was hard at first to be alone with God wihtout any other person BUT God knows I needed it badly. I painted and sank away in the Lord's presence and I listened to one song in particular- it is called: I AM YOURS by Misty Edwars. It is beautiful and strong...just touched my heart so much again and pulled me before the throne in such a good and healing way. Tears are wonderful and healing tears are the best. I want to share this song with you,here are the lyrics:
Though I sleep, My heart is awake Though it's night, on You I wait (Repeat) It's been a long night, And I am weary It's been a long time, And I am hungry So I'll wait in the stillness again I'll wait in the quiet again When I heard Your voice When You said my name When I heard Your voice My heart it yearned (Repeat) In the middle of the night In the middle of the night In the middle of the night My heart it yearns (Repeat) Though You're far away, Still I'm here to say I am Yours, I am Yours And when You feel so far away, Still I am here to say: I am Yours, I am Yours (Repeat x 3 set) And I pay my vows, No turning around I'm burn the bridges that can't be found (Repeat) For when I heard Your voice And You said my name When I heard Your voice My heart it yearned… For You…

No comments:

My Blog followers