BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Tuesday, September 29, 2009

A surprise but very welcome visit today

Today as I opened my door after a nice breakfast and good reading and time with God, I saw two cats roaming around in the complex. I like them and always stop to pet them and let them come to me. Now as I was seeing them I make a “cattish” noise and they come. They follow me to my apartment. Surprising to me, they walk inside: “Welcome to my abode..!” Both start sniffing around and I sat down to observe..I love to watch animals. As I am typing this, one of them is still with me (2 ½ hours later), relaxing on my couch. So they sniff around and start purring. I pet them and enjoy their presence thanking God for this surprise and welcome visit. Both find their favorite spot on my couch after checking out my bedroom and the kitchen counter and the sink – grin. I need to go and post some postcards but I don’t want to leave to be honest. It is a nice sunny day, so my door is open and the birds are singing. I am thankful for this moment. I embrace it and I cherish it in my heart.

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I LOVE the fact that you let random cats inside. Some would be afraid, but not you Kerstin! Meeeoooow!!

Melissa K. said...

Cute, and what wonderful friends on a nice quiet sunny day! I love the pictures.

My Blog followers