BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Sunday, January 07, 2007

2007 is rolling in AND...

2007 is rolling and I am still, thankful and yet processing a whole lot from my past and my present. I feel I am on Jesus'couch (anyone been there??) and He is counselling me, telling me things, letting me realize truths about me and my parents. It is amazing. I needed my parents to leave so normal life can start again and so that I can process. It was a huuuge ting to have them here. 2 Years ago, they would have never thought to do that for they did not want me so far away from them in the first place.
I stand in awe and I am humbled. Why? Let me explain:
I am humbled to my knees because Jesus showed me how muchI had kept my parents in a box. They adapted so well here and made lifelong friends. They loved it here. Did I expect them to be my enemy? Well, Iviewed them like that the past 6 years for a ot of reasons. The biggest reason would be my fear and woundedness though- dang it! I am learning to receive God's grace in this knowing that He WAS with me, IS with me and WILL BE with me...always! I have seen God's love working in their hearts and souls. There were nights when I was crying, on my knees, not understanding this goodness and change; when I was standing in awe thanking my Creator. Maybe it sounds very strange to you or just totally loaded with emotion and intensity, well, HELLO that is me and that is how I process :)
2007 is rolling in and I am glad for a new year, yet I don't really get it. I am ready yet I am not. DO YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN? I am ready and motivated to be a HISTORY-MAKER, a LIFE-CHANGER, a JESUS-EMBRACER, a PATIENCE-WANTER, a CHALLENGE-TAKER.
Are YOU ready???

1 comment:

Alexis said...

I am glad you are ready for another year of changing. It's a hard thing to do huh... I am blessed to know you and look forward to seeing you break the mold you are in.

My Blog followers