BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, January 11, 2007

and then God shows me this:

I think my attitude is better today, but I know who changed that one! let me tell you about my God. He so loves me that He reaches down frequently and makes things clear to me so that my heart understands and is able to grasp the truth! Amazing. So I went to the service at East HIll last night. I always go there way early to be there when the worship team practices for the evening. That is my private worship, I dance , I sing out really loud. This is a time to unwind after work and to get into the mood of service.
So I really had a good and soothing time in worship practice and then when service started and worship was in its prime, I felt miserable. We were singing about Jesus having holy thoughts about me. Man, that really touched me. He thinks holy and pure thoughts about me? And there I was with my stinkin attitude all that crap inside of me. I cried out to HIM saying: Really, you think that good about me? Then, I saw a picture, a little scene displayed before my inner eyes:
I saw Jesus cleaning something, it was a heart, it was my heart. He was cleaning it until it was shining and it looked like a mirror. Then I saw, totally humbled, that Jesus' reflection was in that mirror, in MY heart !
I fell on my knees crying out of joy out of relief and still struggling with unbelief how He is making my heart like a mirror and that clean that He is reflected in it for others to see!
That is why I am doing better today. I still have to revisit that scene to grasp the truth behind it. It is not about what is in my heart, not about the crap, the stuff inside of me that is unholy. It is about my God and how He views me through Jesus's eyes. through these eyes I am pure and holy!
MArvel at that for a while and know that this is the same truth about you, friend!
Kerstin

No comments:

My Blog followers