BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

READ THIS read it, just read it :)

I found this one on of my fav. blogs (MargaretFeinberg.blogspot.com/) and I wanted you all to read this. It is soo challenging and good. Take a cup of tea or coffee, sit down and read:
Butt Prints in the Sand (writer unknown) One night, I had a wondrous dream; One set of footprints there was seen. The footprints of my precious Lord, But mine were not along the shore. But then some stranger prints appeared, And I asked the Lord, "What have we here?" "Those prints are large and round and neat, But, Lord, they are too big for feet." "My child," He said in somber tones. "For miles I carried you alone. I challenged you to walk in faith, But you refused and made me wait. You disobeyed, you would not grow, The walk of faith you would not know. So I got tired and fed up, And there I dropped you on your butt, Because in life, there comes a time, When one must fight and one must climb, When one must rise and take a stand, Or leave some butt prints in the sand."
go on a website about theology and fun....go here
here is my own 2-sense about this one - yes it is intersting to think about this, but is this really our God? He is full of grace, yet He lets us live through consequesces of our actions, right? This little "poem" just makes me think....
what do you think? let me hear it, come on!

4 comments:

TravisM said...

Lol, I think this is hilarious! And all so true! Although the attitude is more in love rather than sarcasim. :)

MARÍA said...

ha. nice. kudos to whomever found it.

Alexis said...

Lol. I thik it's funny, but also a bit sombering. I do thik we are responsiblr for our actions. God is a God of grace, but I believe reading in the Bible where God let the Israelites hit their butts on the sand for some time.
He didn't give up, but he allowed them to reap their stuborness.

Kerstin Sunshine said...

Alexis, you are right- the Israelites' buttprints in the sesert must have been numerous and I can see my buttpritns in the sand when looking back as well...I guess that is why I loved this "poem" first time I read it on Margaret Feiberg's blog.

My Blog followers