BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, February 08, 2007

The power of RECEIVING and WHY is it so hard to receive????

So receiving is a big thing. I have learned so much in the past 7 years of being a Christian, a Jesus follower, someone who makes Jesus part of her daily life. However, I find myself in that a place again where so much blessing comes my way and I am having a hard time to receive. That is a paradox in itself cuz all I want is to be able to receive the good that God has for me and then I struggle. This week I was treated twice to lunch and so many other little but big things have happened and I am humbled. I am humbled for where I am financially and humbled by the love of people. Why can't I receive it? Well let me tell you, it all has to do with wounds, with pain and fears. A lot of times in my life when I actually received something well, the person actually gave me too much and stepped back from it asking me for forgiveness. Ok, I say but then I am so afraid. I am feeling the rejection, I am afraid to be hurt, so I do the total other extreme of not trusting and really doubting which makes it hard to receive.
I am sabotaging myself and that is frustrating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Every Blessing You pour out I will turn back to PRAISE"

Kraft....

My Blog followers