BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Monday, February 26, 2007

My 2 sense on the OSCARRS

The Oscars- yes I have something to say, as well :)
You need to know this about me: I am a freakin' Oscar-watching maniac. When I was still back in Germany I would stay up all night...fall asleep after the Best Animated Short movie and then wake up just in time for the big Oscars in the end: Best actress in a leading role, best actor in a leading role, best director, best movie etc. I watched them by myself last night, which was ok, but it is always so much more fun to watch it with friends. Anyway, Germany won an OSCAR, yeay!!!!! for best movie in a foreign language! Awesome!!! I have some objections though: The older guy from THE LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE who won best supporting actor...I am sorry but there were other contestants who really did more for the role of receiving an OSCAR. I do not agree with that decision. I guess it shocked a few more people, too. Jennifer Hudson is my hero and the star of the night! She deserves the OSCAR!!!!! For the best song I had either her or Beyoncee in mind.....then Melissa E. won. Oh well, it just felt like a different class and level in the songs... Ellen D. was a great host, not better than my favourite Whoopi G., bust still hilerious! Did you watch the OSCARS? WHAT ARE YOUR 2 SENSE TO IT??

No comments:

My Blog followers