BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, February 15, 2007

Thanks God for my friends

Friends are a gift grom God. Would you agree? I am so glad for the friends God put in my life. I love spending quality time with them...over some tea (grin) or coffee or bubble tea or orange juice...even a decent meal would do. All that actually matters is the fellowship, the laughter, the serious questions.... We are all so different and it is a joyride of experiences to get to know your friend. We will never be done in getting to know our friends. How could I even say I know her or him or her or even her?

In a friendship you grow, you see sides of yourself you never wanted to see, yet you van conquer them. In a friendship you are challenged and equally blessed if you take that challenge. It is important though not to feel threatened by your friend, not to compare yourself to you friend and not to try to be your friend BUT instead be yourself.

I am speaking of experiences in my life and yes, relationships have often been a challenge for me. Yet, they have been the biggest parts in which I grew as a person.

Friends are each different facettes of God's character displayed for me to experience...they are all so different IMCOMPARABLE that is for sure, each so valuable, each with so much to give and each like a beautiful pearl and all together they make this necklace that God has given me on this earth!

So Thank you God for friendships - thank you for Sarah, Uta, Doris, Steve, Alexis, Travis, Stephi, Carina, Michelle, Aris, Caroleana, katie, Annie, Robyn, Ferry, Elke, Cassiday, Jason, Miri, Veronika, Ines, Jenni, Marcus, Sherry, Carol, Magdoleen, Brian, Collin, Maria, Brittany, Brandon, Spencer, Emily, Melissa, Carsten, Andrea, Suzie, Erin, Christine, Erika, Linda, Valentin, Boris, Stephie, Jin-Ju, Sandra, Sandra, oh there are more..I will update this one soon :)

1 comment:

Kerstin Sunshine said...

I want to brag about my friends, they put up with me, laugh with me and forgive me, see me when I start crying, speak the truth to me and accept me. This is huge! thanks

My Blog followers