BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Thursday, March 06, 2008

ButterandBitsandPieces

Here I am again...way into my second week. I want to share this nice picture with you: this is how Jane the landlady serves the butter to her guests. isn't it not really beautiful? Every morning I am amazed at these little things. I am learning a lot and Jane actually took me for a drive to get to know the area a bit. How beautiful it is here and I have to say I am fascinated with Tablemountain and its whole surroundings. It is hot again today...like yesterday: 37 Degrees Celsius (99*F!!!) and just now I saw the mist coming from across the ocean over Robben Island to us....amazing (I know, for people that live close to the sea it is nothing extraodinary!). I am learning about the black culture and the white culture and that actually is not an easy issue at all. I looooove to go swimming in the house pool here and I do so every day ...several times. It is really awesome to swim at night when all is dark and that only thing you can see is the stars in the sky!!! I will move on to my next station. Yes, we found a pleace to stay for me: On monday morning I will go to Granny Jenny, one of the oldest ladies in our church. I am thankful for something for permanent even though it is only another station until I will live in an appartment by myself.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Cute dish!

How interesting to see you write about Robben Island... I am reading about Mandela's life right now and how he spent 27 years imprisoned there.

Thanks for your sweet note!

My Blog followers