BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Friday, March 14, 2008

@Jenny

Here I am , finally posting a view pictures I hope. I have been with Granny Jenny for all this week now. Unfortunetely but expectedly, I have entered culture shock now. My emoitons go rampart on me and the levels of me feeling things are as deep as teh ocean and as high as tablemountain. I know it though and that makes all the difference. Here are some pictures of how I am living right now and also more. On monday I went to a fabrique shop with the lady I stay with. I saw a worker there, I started praying when I saw her and thought that maybe God had something there. So I said: Lord, talk to me if you want to. He did and I found out that that worker came from the Congo speaking French. So I delivered th word God had for her and we started sahring God's love in the middle of that fabrique shop.! WOW! 2 days ago and I went to the beach to talk to God and praise HIM when I asked a man to take a picture of me. It turns ou that that was a divine appointment and we could pray ont he beach. Every day I come to realize how much God is not only with me but working through me!! this is incredible but I trust my God although I am going through some lonely and hard spots right now. God is good and HE is sovereign. TO HIM BE ALL THE GLORY!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, culture shock! It's a rough ride. Just tell yourself you can quit or take a break and go home or back to Oregon any time you want. That sometimes helps a little, even if you have no intention of doing it. Culture shock intensity is directly proportionate to how long you think you are "stuck".

Let me know if there's anything you'd like to figure out - sometimes culture shock tells us something is wrong or not working right, and it can be fixed rather than just accepted. You don't have to accept every little thing. One example - in Switzerland, I decided that I didn't want to try to dry my clothes on a clothesline in a freezing attic. Investing in a clothes dryer was perfectly reasonable. Swiss people thought I was nuts but it was very convenient and it all worked out great. :) Sometimes we make compromises with the culture.

So glad for your divine appointments... keep searching them out! When does your work with the church start?

Anonymous said...

That little kitty cat looks like he/she's pretty fun. Lap cats like that one really reduce stress and make up for hug deprivation!

My Blog followers