BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Monday, March 03, 2008

newDAY

So this was my 6th day, it is night now and the wind is blowing. I can tell I am close to the sea. This sea air makes me tired a lot actually. I am thankful to be here and now I am embracing something new as well: loneliness. It does not feel nice but I know that it is part of adjusting to this place and to my new way of living. I am closer to Jesus and I know I need HIM so much. I'd just love to be surrounded by friends now or even by one or two and share my heart. Instead I will go to my room, snuggle iwth my teddy bear and pray, share it all with my heavenly Father. That is good as well. I went to the beach today, I watched the waves break and smelled the sea. I let the sun carress my skin and let the wind play with my hair. I bless the LOrd for all this, Blessed is HIS name

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU MADE IT!!!!

I have been thinking of you the last two weeks and thinking about how excited you must be to finally be there. Sure there will be adjustment and culture shock... but your prayers have been answered, your dreams came to life and voila!! You're in Africa, baby!

Amazing... and boy are the photos beautiful - especially those blue ones of the mountain and the sea... fantastic.

Love

Christine

My Blog followers