BEYOND MEASURE

"OUR DEEPEST IS NOT THAT WE ARE INADEQUATE.

OUR DEEPEST FEAR IS THAT WE ARE POWERFUL BEYOND MEASURE. IT IS OUR LIGHT, NOT OUR DARKNESS, THAT MOST FRIGHTENS US.

WE ASK OURSELVES: WHO AM I TO BE BRILLIANT, GORGEOUS, TALENTED, FABULOUS? ACTUALLY, WHO ARE YOU NOT TO BE?
YOU ARE A CHILD OF GOD. YOUR PLAYING SMALL DOES NOT SERVE THE WORLD.

THERE IS NOTHING ENLIGHTENED ABOUT SHRINKING SO THAT OTHER PEOPLE WON'T FEEL INSECURE AROUND YOU. WE ARE ALL MEANT TO SHINE, AS CHILDREN DO.

WE WERE BORN TO MAKE MANIFEST THE GLORY OF GOD IN US. IT'S NOT JUST SOME OF US. IT'S IN EVERYONE.
AND AS WE LET OUR LIGHT SHINE, WE UNCONSCIOUSLY GIVE OTHER PEOPLE PERMISSION TO DO THE SAME. AS WE ARE LIBERATED FROM OUR OWN FEAR, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS"




(Marianne Williamson - and quoted by Nelson Mandela 1994 at his inauguration!


Friday, March 07, 2008

BeaconOfHOPEandOtherThoughts

Nelson Mandela called Tablemountain a Beacon Of Hope. That is what it was to him and so many other prisoners who were held on Robben Island for so many years. Actually this mountain fascinates me. Wherever I go here, it is the mountain that I see. Then I look for the face of this man looking up into heaven and I smile. It is a Beacon Of Hope for me as well. Hope for God's way of things and for HIS timing. The verse God gave me last night while I was in a homegroup is the following: Proverbs 16:3 -Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed (Amplified Bible). This is what I have been doing...all my expectations and fears and doubts and burdens and hunger and thirst..all this I am rolling upon my Lord. So many thoughts run through my mind when I am walking along the streets that don't have any pavement for walking people: Where do I need to walk ..on the left side? on the right side? I do have to look right first when I want to cross a road not like we do (we need to look left first then right). All is twisted. The driver sits on the right side in the car and the car drives on the let side of the road(aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargggghh)..... I am getting to know thi area a bit better. I actually stay close to the beach called Dolphin beach. Blouubergstrand is further up in the west. God tells me to be patient and to wait upon HIM, ok, I say. Last night He really blessed me by being invited to my landladz Jane's homegroup. We worshipped prayed and fellowhsipped. Oh how I needed taht. So here we go Proverbs 16 verse 3: Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.

No comments:

My Blog followers